1. How do I set the price of the gold I buy and how do you send confirmation?
• Prices are confirmed over the phone after the customer receives an order number.
2. What are the payment methods? Do you charge sales tax?
• Cashier’s checks, money orders, bank wire, personal checks. Payments must be made within 24 hours of the order. Sales tax is not charged unless the purchaser buys less than $1,500 of product and lives in California.
3. What does shipping cost?
• Orders under $20,000 are $30, over $20,000 are free.
4. Do you offer shipping insurance and how much does it cost?
• Yes, through USPS. It is included in the shipping price.
5. What is your typical delivery time and what are the options?
• 2-3 weeks from the time of order. Wire transfers expedite the process.
6. What if my coins are lost during shipping?
• Every parcel must be signed for by the recipient. The company keeps records of all shipments and transactions. After full confirmation from USPS and receipt of insurance, the company replaces the customer’s coins.
7. What is your current dealer’s premium on a 1oz gold eagle? Are there any bulk discounts available?
• 4.45%. Yes, on orders over 50 ounces the premium is 4.2%
8. Are my purchases reported to any government agency?
• The company is acutely aware of privacy issues and does not require customers to create accounts. The company does not require to report any purchases less than $10,000, or any that are made with personal check.
9. Will you store my purchase? If so, what are the fees?
• No options currently.
10. What are the hours for your telephone support?
• 1-800-348-8001 or 1-650-348-3000, M-F 7am-6pm or Saturdays from 10am-2pm (PST).
11. If I have questions, is it best for me to call or email?
• Call is the best method.
12. Do you buy gold coins and what is your current premium and/or discount to sell to you?
• Yes, but only their own coins they have sold. They buy at 2% above market price.
13. How do I ensure delivery when shipping coins I sell back to you?
• USPS Registered and Insured mail.
14. Who is the owner of your company? How long have they been with the company?
• George Resch, Parker Vogt. Burt Blumert was the owner until 2009 when he passed away.
Review: The trader I spoke with at Camino Coin was very friendly and helpful. He did not mind that I was only calling for information and did not pressure me into any purchases. The company has been in business for 50 years and has received excellent reviews online. Reviewers comment on the company’s excellent customer service, honest dealing, and competitive prices. However, some customers have said that the employees at the physical location can be a bit testy. Yelp.com gives this business 4.5/5 stars based on 10 reviews. They pay 2% over spot for gold eagles, which is an excellent price. The late owner, Bert Blumert, had been interviewed by several news agencies prior to his death in 2009. Overall, for customers seeking good prices and excellent customer service, Camino Coins has to be in the conversation.
1-800-348-8001 or 1-650-348-3000, M-F 7am-6pm or Saturdays from 10am-2pm (PST). Parker Vogt (email@example.com) Pam Vogt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
George Resch (email@example.com) Phil Vogt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1301 Broadway Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010